BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
Members of the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) are entitled to voluntarily participate in the optional BCACC Benefit Plans. Please note: Membership in the BCACC does not automatically enroll you in the Benefit Plans. An application for insurance must be completed and approved and additional monthly premiums are payable to cover the cost of benefits. Your BCACC membership dues DO NOT include Benefit Plan premiums.
To qualify for the BCACC Benefit Plans, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be in private practice for at least 6 months
- Work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Reside in British Columbia or Yukon
- Be actively enrolled in the Medical Services Plan of BC or the Health Care Plan of the Yukon
- Complete a short written medical questionnaire
The BCACC Plan is customizable to your own personal needs and budget. There are however, some requiements that apply to all plans.
All plans require $25000 of Life and AD&D insurance, plus a minimum of $100 in monthly premium.
PLUS ANY TWO OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Extended Health Care - Prescription Drugs, Semi-Private Hospital, Travel Insurance, Services and Supplies
- Dental Care - Basic Dental Care such as cleanings, fillings, extractions x-rays etc.
- Short Term Disability - Income replacement for disabilities lasting up to 26 weeks
- Long Term Disability - Income replacment for disability lasting up to age 65
- Critical Illness Insurance - Tax free cash benefit in the event of a serious illness such as Cancer or Stroke
[+] More Details
Insurance contracts are renewed annually on June 1st. Rates are subject to change at renewal. The BCACC Benefit Plans are underwritten by SSQ Financial and are administrated by HMR Employee Benefits Ltd. and Sirius Benefits.
Request a Quote
Please complete and submit the form below or call us toll free at 1-888-592-4614. Upon receipt of your information, we will provide you with a cost quotation and a detailed information package.